Saturday, January 15, 2011

"what's my line?"

here is a fun game to play. it is called “what's my line?”

number of players: 2
equipment required: people, voices (the ones that belong to the two people), hands (those attached to aforementioned people by way of arm)
instructions:
  1. sit together as if you were having a conversation
  2. one person begins by telling the other person what they should say (this should be done in a whisper behind a hand, as if you are reminding them of their lines)
  3. the other person responds by saying the lines they have been given to say as if they just thought of them and planned to say them all along
  4. then they whisper the first person’s next words back to them
  5. continue until the bar closes
example:
person 1: (whispering to person 2 – oh you’re so great! I wish I could be EXACTLY like you.)

person 2: oh you’re so great! I wish I could be EXACTLY like you. (whispering to person 1 – no, I’m not that great. YOU’RE the greatest. in fact you’re so great, that I want to buy you the most expensive drink in this bar. please tell me what it is.)

person 1: no, I’m not that great. YOU’RE the greatest. in fact you’re so great, that I want to buy you the most expensive drink in this bar. please tell me what it is. (whispering to person 2 actually what I really want is just a glass of water, please don't mention buying an alcoholic drink again or I'll be upset.) 
etc

I think you can see from this short example just how super fun this game can be, because it's all about making the other person say WHAT YOU WANT. the possibilities are endless!

my friend and I invented this game the other night and have decided to share it with others, so you may also enjoy it. however, it wouldn’t be inappropriate to acknowledge the source. at the end of playing it, just say “copyright: 2x excellent people. used with permission”. that’s enough for us.

disclaimer: this information has been supplied by two friends to enhance other friendships and interactions. please note that although certain drinks were bought for certain friends as a result of allocated lines on night of creation of game, game should not be used for personal gain. the manufacturers will not be liable for any injury or financial expenses incurred as a result of playment of game.
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can say something here if you want to. But don't feel compelled. It's really up to you.