Thursday, July 3, 2014

on being incorrectly pregnant

I think I’m doing pregnancy wrong.

my baby book tells me my hair is supposed to get thicker and more lustrous. mine has gone like pubes.

the internet says people will be dazzled by my beautiful glowing skin. the only time my skin glowed was from the glistening of sun on oil seeping from my pores when I ate 3 lots of hot chips in one day.

and where’s my gushy ‘I love you already!’ that I’m supposed to feel. I think my bump might be made of hot chips.

but I do seem to be doing some parts correctly. the unpredictable teariness, the brain-fade forgetfulness, the wind. I am excelling in these areas.

I guess you can’t be good at everything. 

1 comment:

  1. Babies need hot chips. It's a medical fact. Parenting thus far seems to be full of lots of 'shoulds' that never actually eventuate into actual facts. Such is life!

    ReplyDelete

You can say something here if you want to. But don't feel compelled. It's really up to you.